MotoNews.co receives hundreds of press releases every week throughout the season and whilst we would love to publish all of them we simply do not have the time and resources to do so. However, in order to streamline the process and improve your chances of getting your press release published we wanted to set up this simple guide so that can help ensure that your release gets to the editor and increase your chances of getting coverage on the site.
What is a Press release?
A press release is an announcement from your race team/ club/ business which seeks to demonstrate a story which is newsworthy to an editor. This story can be promoting a product, event or person and should be relevant to the MotoNews.co audience.
How to make an effective Press Release
- It should be concise, usually one side of A4 or 500 words.
- Always write it from a journalist’s perspective. Do not use “I” or “we” unless you are quoting somebody.
- Focus on the important aspects of the story. Always think about what the reader will find most interesting! This could include information about a new product launch or service, a business expansion or important event (like a race, an anniversary or an award) or something relating to an issue which is currently topical.
- Provide a headline, this should be short but descriptive.
- The first paragraph is the most important, it should include information on the who, what, where, when and how of the story. This paragraph should include everything an editor needs to know!
- Press releases should be checked for spelling. All spelling and grammatical errors should be removed and the press release should be written entirely in English. (unless it is being provided for our Spanish or Italian sites).
- Please ensure the press release is factual and contains complete information.
- Press releases should be written in plain lowercase text and should not include non-standard characters, tags, code or tables.
- Identify the organisation or individual sending the release, including their name and contact details so that we can contact them if we have any questions.
Media (Photos & Videos)
- All press releases sent to us must include at least one photo that is at least 1800 pixels wide.
- The photo/ video must be provided with confirmation of the copyright owner and you must have their permission to use it.
What to do next
- Once you have checked the PR and it is ready to send, please email it to us at PR@MotoNews.co
- Please include everything in one email. If you have lots of photos or a large video file please upload it to a file sharing website and provide us with a link.