Husqvarna Motorcycles stole attention earlier today, by releasing details on their MY21 range for the first time. What will Husqvarna be releasing to the general public? Official communication is below.
Husqvarna Motorcycles is pleased to announce the launch of the new MY21 motocross range – nine true performance minicycles and full-size machines that all deliver superior riding experiences. Featuring the latest technological advancements, all motorcycles ensure uncompromised power-to-weight, leading ergonomics and aesthetics.
For 2021 Husqvarna Motorcycles has focused on further improving suspension performance and handling by adding a new mid-valve damping system to the WP XACT forks with AER technology, for increased rider comfort on landings as well as reducing pressure peaks for consistent damping performance. Additionally, new low-friction linkage seals offer refined suspension response on the WP XACT shock.
Engineered to keep ahead of the field, Husqvarna Motorcycles’ 4-stroke models feature compact and modern engines with internal shaft arrangements at the ideal centre of gravity to notably benefit handling and manoeuvrability. Modern electronics and launch control ensure perfect acceleration.
Accompanying the launch of the 2021 motocross range is the new Husqvarna Motorcycles app. The Husqvarna Motorcycles app, together with the Connectivity Unit that needs to be mounted on the machine, will be available from July 25 onwards as a technical accessory for MY21 4-stroke models and the 2020 FC 450 Rockstar Edition. Opening a whole new era of motorcycle performance tuning, the app enables riders to adjust their engine mapping and gives recommendations for the optimum suspension setting.
Additionally, it allows for precise customisation and personalisation, while improving overall rideability. Among the list of several adjustment options, the highlights are the two main engine modes, Prime and Advanced, which allow riders of all levels to fine-tune their engine’s performance according to their riding requirements and track conditions.
Delivering minimal weight, ease of handling and the highest levels of performance, Husqvarna Motorcycles’ TC line-up features the latest 2-stroke technology with class-leading power and unrivalled attention-to-detail. Advanced ergonomics and modern bodywork combine to ensure all TC machines offer superior on-track comfort and control in all riding conditions.
The latest motocross line-up features all-new Swedish inspired graphics, giving Husqvarna Motorcycles’ latest TC and FC models a fresh and vibrant, three-colour look.
|MY21 Technical Highlights|
– New Technical Accessory Husqvarna Motorcycles app allows to adjust engine mappings and gives suspension set-up recommendations on all FC models.
– New mid-valve damping system WP XACT forks with AER technology.
– New 10mm shorter fork cartridges and outer tubes.
– The WP XACT shock features new low-friction linkage seals.
– New seat cover texture.
– Striking new electric yellow and dark blue graphics.
– Progressive bodywork for optimal ergonomics.
– Chromium-molybdenum steel frame featuring precisely engineered flex characteristics.
– Innovative 2-piece composite subframe design.
– Interchangeable airbox cover on FC models for optimised airflow.
– CNC machined triple clamps.
– Magura hydraulic clutch system offering perfect action in every condition.
– Brembo brake callipers and high-performance discs combining superior stopping power with great control and confidence.
– Traction and launch control with advanced settings (4-strokes).
– Electric starter for easy starting when time is critical.
– Lightweight Li-ion 2.0 Ah battery.
– ProTaper handlebars.
– Progressive throttle mechanism and ODI grips allow for adjustable throttle progression and easy grip mounting.
– Laser engraved D.I.D. wheels.
– Gearboxes produced by Pankl Racing Systems.
Guaranteeing the champions of tomorrow enjoy all the benefits of Husqvarna Motorcycles’ full-sized motocross models, the TC 85, TC 65, TC 50 and EE 5 ensure the highest levels of on-track performance. Prioritising youth-specific ergonomics and user-friendly aesthetics, each model inspires confidence, allowing youngsters to focus on their riding while having fun.
|MY21 Mini Technical Highlights|
– Unrivalled engine performance and ride-ability.
– WP XACT forks with AER technology – optimal performance and lightweight.
– Confidence instilling ergonomics thanks to a broad, flat seat and one-piece airbox covers.
– Striking new graphics on the TC 85, TC 65 and TC 50 – showcasing Husqvarna Motorcycles dynamic approach to offroad motorcycling.
– New, high grip seat cover for greater comfort.
– New roller actuated throttle assembly for TC 85 – smoother throttle motion and improved durability.
– New Formula brake callipers, clutch and brake assemblies for TC 85 – excellent stopping power and improved reliability.
– New NEKEN tapered diameter, aluminium handlebars offer optimised ergonomics for TC 65 and TC 50.
The Husqvarna Motorcycles 2021 motocross range will start to be available worldwide from June 2020 onwards at all authorised Husqvarna Motorcycles Dealers. Availability may differ from country to country. For all details on pricing and availability, please refer to your national Husqvarna Motorcycles subsidiary or importer.
Words: Press Release | Lead Image: Supplied